Lise (Portuguese spelling pronounced just like Lizzie) is an artist, author, instructor, sleuth, and Mariah Carey enthusiast. Her work covers a lot of ground; she is particularly known for her knot art. If you follow her on Instagram or Patreon you get a taste of her research skills and wealth of historical knowledge in the fiber arts. She writes about craft, ethics and our responsibility to know where our techniques come from and how to build your own techniques and style without appropriating. She is also enthusiastic about art as a hobby. You don't necessarily need to get caught up in making your work into commercial goods. Some things don't have to exist in the toxic cycle of capitalism.
These special pieces are based on our sculptural baskets. Lise spent time with them to weave her sacred knots through the base structure. The result is an incredible combination of fibers that hit a combination of playful, refined, and dimensional. The pieces fall squarely in the realm of fine art.
Closed Mondays is delighted to bring them to you. 15% of the proceeds will go to Oakland Frontline Healers and the remaining 85% directly to the artist.
- Around the Studio
- Local Pickup NYC
- Shipping & Returns
Yes! We offer local pickup in Brooklyn, New York.
Our studio is located at 325 Rutledge St. Brooklyn, NY 11211.
We are available for pickups Tuesday - Friday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm. If you cannot make it in that window please select to have your item(s) shipped at checkout.
Once you arrive there is a smiley face on the door and a doorbell to the right. Ring the bell and ask for Closed Mondays to receive your package.
Thanks for reading our shipping & returns policies.
Shipping 🚚. 🌐. 📦
Each items is made to order in our studio in Brooklyn, NY. It can take up to 10 days for the item to be completed, packed & shipped. From there it can take 3-5 days for an item to arrive after the shipment leaves our studio.
We offer free domestic shipping on orders over $200.
Once an item has been marked as delivered by UPS or USPS we can no longer provide service for that package. Please ensure your shipping address is secure. If you want to change your shipping address after placing an order email email@example.com and we would be happy to help.
We do not accept returns or exchanges. As each piece is made to order we cannot accommodate returns or exchanges. If for any reason your order arrives damaged or not as expected please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.